As summer starts to get into full swing, the gardens are growing the grass has been cut a few times. The sun is close to full strength and is giving the beautiful gift of life for growing.
We love to be outdoors and around water, including fishing, but we need to keep an eye on our 4 legged friends and the water experience. As the summer sun is helping nature growing, it also helps to grow algae in the water.
Ever wonder how this stuff can effect your animals? Our friends over at dognews.com have an awesome article that covers this topic, and one surprising read is how salt water can actually be harmful to your pet!
If the water surface of a lake or pond is colored blue or green, it may indicate the presence of cyanobacteria, also known as blue-green algae. These microscopic bacteria also grow in backyard fountains, garden pots, birdbaths and anywhere there is stagnant water. Wherever it is found, blue-green algae can be deadly toxic to dogs.
What can you do if your dog gets into this situation? What are some things to look for?
Your dog may show signs of cyanobacteria poisoning almost immediately after drinking or swimming in contaminated water. Symptoms can begin anywhere from 15 minutes to several days after exposure. The signs depend upon the toxin involved.
Image courtesy of: torstenbehrens
Hope you can get out and enjoy the summer and the water!!
To get the rest of the article head over to dognews.com
Photo By ynaka29
HELP THEM NOW!!! Take action NOW and do not let them SUFFER anymore!!! They support YOU, Now It IS Your Turn To Help Them!!! Do not put off Any Longer,
Lets get started tTODAY! do not put up with any more cleaning floors or carpets! # steps away from freedom in your life. You owe it to your puppy!